I love coming up with new Vegan creations. They may not always be RAW but they are mighty tasty! One of my favorites is mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts. I had never made anything with Brussels sprouts before until I just tried one day. My creative juices must had been flowing that day. I am glad I made that decision. Brussels sprouts are something I crave now. I guess I can call this recipe Brussels Sprout Delight! The dish is sweet and savory with just a little bit of spice.
I use New Potatoes. So, depending on how large they are is how many you will need. You will just have to eye ball how many potatoes to feed about 4 people.
4 tablespoons of Earth Balance
¼ cup plain Soy or Almond milk
1 Garlic Clove chopped
1 pinch of cinnamon
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) I don’t peal my New Potatoes; I dice them into equal pieces, place them in a pot and cover with water.
2) Let them boil until fork tender.
3) Strain potatoes, put them back in pot and add your remaining ingredients.
4) Mash the potatoes with hand blender or electric hand blender.
1lb Brussels sprouts chopped
½ chopped Red 0nion
2 chopped Garlic Clove
3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
3 tablespoons of Agave or Maple Syrup
Salt and Pepper to taste
½ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
1) On medium heat, in a deep skillet place olive oil, chopped onion and chopped garlic cloves. After about a min. or so add your chopped Brussels sprouts. (I cut each of them length wise about 3x)
2) Stir those ingredients and let simmer for a few minutes.
3) Add Apple Cider Vinegar, Agave or Maple Syrup, Cayenne pepper and salt & pepper
4) Let the Sprouts simmer for about 15-20 mins., they will begin to soften and the leafs will loosen up.
5) Start tasting the Brussels Sprouts to see if you feel like you need to add more of the above ingredients. Some like them sweeter or spicier. It’s up to you!
PS – You can prepare the Brussels Sprouts or the Mashed Potatoes first, it doesn’t really matter just keep them warm with a lid.
Place the Mashed Potatoes on the plate and cover with Brussels Sprouts! Then dig in…Let me know what you think!
- Beeting Heart Salad by Rawfully Organic - AMAZING!
- Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram Creates “Raw Couture”
- Going Hiking
- Vegan Purse - May Giveaway! - Bourgeois Boheme
- Vegan Nail Polish - Zoya
- Cruelty Free Body Products with iVi Scents!
- Madden Girl Zoiiee Boots
- Simple Shoes Sale - Vegan Friendly
- Eco-Conscious & Socially Responsible Shoes for Fall!
- Organic Salon Systems - HAIR CARE TO BE LOOKING FOR!