I personally always go to www.rawfullyorganic.com to try some of Kristina’s recipes and I LOVE this salad. Its super easy, fast and for those that are not too familiar with eating raw this is a great recipe to try because you will want to keep eating. I didn’t have the green onions or parsley but everything else I tried and loved. Next time I will prepare better for the salad to have those extra ingredients. I love that every time I pick up a box from her I can try a new raw recipe she has posted on her website and I will fall in love!
This sweet apple, carrot, and beet salad will give you a sweet treat! Give a sweet beet to your step, and enjoy the flavors of the season! The recipe is a delicious delight and good for the heart! All ingredients come from our boxes this week! Enjoy!
Ingredients for A Beeting Heart Salad:
- Three Large Beets (Or One Bunch of Beets)
- Let the Beets Sit a Week on the Counter to Sweeten Them Up!
- 3-4 Apples (Depending on How Many You Want)
- 3 Carrots
- Half a Lemon
- 1-2 Minnoela Tangerines or Juice Oranges
- One Pink Grapefruit (Optional)
- 1 Green Onion (Optional)
- Parsley for Garnish
- In a food processor, shred the beets, carrots, and apples.
- Once shredded, mix them into a bowl with your hands. This mixture is EXTREMELY colorful and gorgeous! Be careful, your hands may turn pink from the beets!
- With a hand juicer or another hand press, juice the minnoelas/oranges onto your salad. Feel free to add as much sweet citrus juice as you would like. This blend also tastes wonderful with a squeezed grapefruit on top! Yum!
- Squirt on the juice of the lemon. If desired, squirt on the entire lemon.
- Garnish with chopped green onions or small bits of parsely!
- You can either eat this salad out of the bowl, or you can take the shred and organize them into hearts on plates! This recipe is SO awesome to share and enjoy on Valentine’s Day!
Hugs and LOVE!
This recipe is created and photgraphed by Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram for co-operating members of the Rawfully Organic Co-op and more!
- Brussels Sprout Delight + Mashed Potatoes
- Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram Creates “Raw Couture”
- Lifestride Yesterday Vegan Ankleboots
- Vegan Friendly Abbacino Handbags!
- nyl Skincare - Vegan, "All Natural" & Organic