Fall Fashion for the Fellas
Cool Compassion from Head to Foot: Fall Menswear Classics with a Twist
By KIM VILYUS
Some things will never change. Some cozy Fall styles will always look good… dark denim, a good boot, a classic weekender bag…the shapes may change but the fundamentals will be there. Another element that will continue to evolve with the shape is the materials chosen to produce said classics. New green technologies continuously allow for manmade materials to not only resemble their cruel counterparts, but they are also improving their functionality and lifespan. As conscious designers are capitalizing on this opportunity, Vegan fellas never looked so good!
Here’s how to incorporate a few top trends to elevate your wintery Vegan wardrobe with some of the season’s finest animal-friendly elements:
- Brave Gentleman Black Sheep Future Wool Fedora This Fedora’s Futurewool felt is handmade in LA from recycled bottles, minimizing environmental and ethical implications.
- Vaute Couture Wonderfelt Pea Coat 100% vegan and crafted in the USA of 100% recycled plastic bottles, this double-breasted topper looks equally dashing with dress pants as jeans.
- Proof Chinook Eco Sunnies These water-resistant Modern Aviators are hand-crafted of cotton-based acetate and sustainably sourced wood. Better yet, military-inspired menswear designs always hit the mark.
- Nudie Jeans Organic Cotton Chambray Shirt The classic fit can be worn alone or open over a colored or patterned tee for added interest.
- Matt & Nat Recycled Rubber Zip Around Wallet This compact compartment has a subtly distressed look from the get go.
- Apolis Washed Linen Pocket Squares Available at Kaufmann Mercantile, Apolis pocket squares are handmade in LA from ethically sourced fabrics. Put it in your back pocket and give your look that final touch of cool with a piece that says “Just in case I muddy my hands on my motorcycle.”
- Nudie Organic Cotton Thin Finn Jeans Made of raw Japanese rigid denim of 100% organic cotton, Nudie is dedicated to sustainability and fair-trade practices as much as style. For a quick dose of cool…one must cuff. Plain and simple.
- Good Guys Don’t Wear Leather Vegan Boot Crafted of high-quality Vegan leather, Good Guys desert boot pairs perfectly with the cuffed jean. Lightweight, durable, and distressed, these boots are classic and modern and the same time.
- Cliff Belts Cork Available at Mooshoes, Cliff Belts are handmade in NYC from sustainably-harvested cork and the finish improves with age.
Modern Men’s Accessory
- In God We Trust/G. Wiseman Pocketknife Necklace Head over to Kaufmann Mercantile to snatch up one of these handmade pocketknife necklaces. The knife takes 2 days to craft by hand in Oklahoma, but you will wear it forever!
- ROK Cork Lisbon Medium Travel Bag Available at Modavanti, ROK cork bags are handmade from 100% sustainable cork. This bag will age handsomely with wear like your healthy Vegan skin but without the guilt of the leather alternative.
- Meet the Bark Wallet - Help their team create a dream!
- Reveal Vegan Handbags & Pocket Books
- Vegan Friendly from Faire Collection
- Wills Vegan Shoes
- Cri de Coeur x Arden Wohl: Vegan Shoe Collab